After much delay because of the prevailing drought, Mr J. B. McDonald, architect, Dubbo, built the Presbytery for a total of 2215 pounds and 2 shillings. 55,000 bricks were required for its construction. 10 Shillings purchased 100 bricks.
The Hibernians and Church Committee sunk a well for water to a depth of 18ft at the rear of the presbytery equipping it with a pump and windmill to the value of 150 pound. (photo in entrance)
Stone of the Presbytery was set by Bishop W. Haydon on 30th
March 1919 and it was blessed and opened on 8th February 1920. The
Foundation Stone still has pride of place on the front right side of the
|NEXT ARTICLE: THE CYCLONE >>>|